This course is designed to go beyond the acceptance criteria that are provided in the IPC standards. It is a three part training course were we integrate information concerning legislations, impact, management and implementation on/into production and hands-on exercises using several different types of Lead Free solders and PCB finishes.
Some of the topics that will be discussed:
- European and Asia legislation ROHS.
- Profiles for the automated process in Ovens and Wave solder
- Tools, material and equipment for the manual process
- Impact on BGA packages
In the hands-on part of the training we will be working with:
- TH components
- SMT Chips, SOT’s, SOIC’s
- QFP’s (including fine pitch) and PLCC’s
Every student that successfully completes the hands-on assignments and written exams will receive the following material to train specialists within his facility:
- Instructors guide to train specialists
- CD ROM that contains visuals and training material for the Instructor.
Exams for testing specialists
- PCB’s for hands-on exercises
- Certificate of participation and successful completion of the course
Course length: 2 days
Certifications length: 24 months